Monday, August 24, 2009

Guacamole

Before I start, I wanted to add a note here about my cooking style.  I don't measure, unless I'm baking.  I throw stuff together and measure by site and taste.  So in the process of writing up these recipes I'm having to commit to rough measurements.  Please don't take these as hard-set, play around with it and figure out what measurements work best for you. 

Now onto-

Guacamole!

This is a simple recipe but by far the most requested so I thought it an appropriate choice for my first post.

For about 2 cups of guacamole you will need-
4 medium/large ripe avocados
1/2 medium tomato, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons onion, finely diced
1/2 lime
1 large garlic clove
1/2 heaping teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Chop the avocados and put into a medium mixing bowl.  The easiest way I've found to do this is to cut the avocado while in the skin (but not through the skin) and use a spoon to go along the inside of the skin and scoop it out.  Using a fork, lightly mash up the avocados.  
 
 
 
 Add the onion and tomatoes and mix.  Grate in the garlic, squeeze in the lime and add salt and pepper.  Mix.
 
Check for seasoning and...
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. OH YUM!!! Your first post is on one of my most favorite foods on earth! Looks delicious. You're totally fab and I'm totally making guac tonight thanks to your inspiration. :o) Can't wait to see what's next!
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some guacamole now! That looks good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Blogger! I found you via a note from your Mom, and enjoyed reading your profile and your first post. You're off to a wonderful start. Your photos are well done and the overall appearance of your blog is inviting.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete